SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management is about aligning strategy with execution with SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager Certification.
This is a two-day interactive course that includes an additional one-day workshop ‘Getting started with LPM’. Lean Agile Portfolio Management is a modern approach that enables companies to increase the quality and desired value of products and solutions, improve business results and support strategic business objectives. Through the gradual and constant build-up of products and services, Lean Agile Portfolio Management is the key to aligning strategy with portfolio priorities and systemically increasing business agility.
In this two-day course, you will learn the following principles and practices that will deliver significant benefits to your organization:
- Strategy of investment financing: Learn how to effectively organize investments and financing processes around your value chain with Kanban.
- Agile processes: With the help of agile processes, you will be able to introduce new working methods to increase complexity management, transparency and speed in the execution of value streams.
- Lean Portfolio Governance: Begin to achieve clarity and transparency about the essential tasks of the company through the integration of Portfolio Kanban and Objective Key Results (OKRs).
Who should attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Business, solution and system architects
- Team leader, project manager, portfolio and program manager, PMO
- Anyone who is interested in finding out how the company strategy can be linked to the portfolio
In two course days you will learn and train the following modules of Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe), combining practical exercises with theoretical knowledge
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
During the additional one-day workshop we support portfolio teams in getting started with Lean Portfolio Management in their organization.
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® LPM certification exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion. Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe course.
- Exam name: SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Lean Portfolio Management course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding the repetition.
Everyone is welcome to attend the course, regardless of their experience.
However, the following prerequisites are recommended for anyone wishing to take the SAFe® Lean Portfolio Manager certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Participation in a Leading SAfe or SAFe PO/PM course
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
- Experience in a SAFe environment
With this course you are entitled to obtain 24 PDU’s at the Project Management Institute (PMI) for the PMP y PMI-ACP certifications. As well as SEUs for the CSP of Scrum Alliance.