Advancing Scrum Master servant leadership with the Scaled Agile Framework®
with Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master
This two-day course prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation.
The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices, the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value, and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course also offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Who should attend?
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile Team facilitator in a SAFe or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who are responsible for Agile execution and coaching teams, including teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers
- Prospective Release Train Engineers
In two course days you will learn and train the following modules of Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe), combining practical exercises with theoretical knowledge:
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
What do I get with this course?
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
How do I obtain the certification?
Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe course.
- Exam name: SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SASM course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 42 out of 60 (70%)
- Language: English
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any questions regarding the repetition.
Are there any prerequisites?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, having a Scrum Master certification or experience as a Scrum Master is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam.
May I obtain PDU’s / SEUs with this course?
With this course you are entitled to obtain 15 PDU’s at the Project Management Institute (PMI) for the PMP y PMI-ACP certifications. As well as SEUs for the CSP of Scrum Alliance.